Thanksgiving week is here! Two more days until Turkey day and three more days until the craziness that is Black Friday unleashes. Quick shout out to those working retail – I did three “Pink” Friday’s at Juicy Couture and it was brutal.
As cliché as it is, I think it is absolutely necessary for me to say what I am thankful for this year. When I was a child, we used to go around the table and each say something. I am pretty sure I said family every time. My family structure has changed quite a bit since those times.
The definition of thank:
verb (used with object)
1. to express gratitude, appreciation, or acknowledgment to
Below are a few of the things I’m thankful for, some serious and some a little silly:
1. I am thankful for having common sense (OK – quick shout out to my mom and grandma for that quality RIP). In recent times, I feel like it has become less common, and the lack of it is really detrimental to our society. Keep watching.
2. Actually, I am thankful for all of my senses – sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing, and intuition – for they make life easier.
3. I am thankful for having an education. Although I have a student loan to pay off, and even though our economy hasn’t turned around yet – job market and otherwise – I am glad to have experienced college life, and to have something to show for it.
4. I am thankful for my job and benefits. Although I am a temporary employee, I am able to sustain a lifestyle to keep food on the table, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, AND be able to afford some of the things I want while working with a great group of people. A lot of others don’t have that.
5. I am thankful for my friends – those I see regularly and those I see a few times a year. They each have brought something unique to my life, and have provided some sort of support to me when I really needed it. I hope I have done the same for them.
6. I am thankful for love. To give it. To receive it. To recognize it in others. Its energy has no limit.
What are you thankful for this year?