Hey y’all! Last week I was challenged by Ruthie to share 12 things that you may not know about me..or can’t tell from the blog! I’d like to think that I am pretty transparent with you all here and on social media, but it was a fun opportunity to go through the quirky things about me and relive some moments from year’s past. Well, here goes nothing!
- I have been self-employed for almost two years now. My background is in advertising and marketing and while I do miss the collaborative environment that agency life provides, I like not having to put on pants for the day unless I want to.
- My favorite color is orange. Not necessarily to wear, but I love it. My favorite to wear would be black. Or gray. Ha!
- I prefer wearing gold jewelry over silver.
- Food? Seafood FTW. But my favorite type of food is Thai.
- I’ve danced on stage at an E-40 concert. Hey, it was college!
- I use the same five makeup products on my face every day. My mother showed me a photo of a woman with flash when I was a kid…and her makeup made her look like a ghost. Therefore, I am terrified to put on a lot of makeup!
- I have fractured three bones in life: my left elbow (age 7), my tailbone (age 12), and my right middle toe (age 29).
- I absolutely hate shoe shopping. Maybe it’s because there aren’t ever any size 10’s so I am immediately discouraged!
- I love driving, especially on the freeway and I’ve had the same car since college.
- Speaking of driving, I am GREAT with directions. Once I go a place, I never need to use GPS. I am NOT great with people that are not great with directions. Patience is a virtue and I’m working on it.
- When I was little, I either wanted to be a singer, talk show host, or magazine writer. The blog is kind of a magazine, right? Gotta work on the other two! 😉
- I received a callback for America’s Next Top Model Cycle 7 and spent a weekend in San Francisco preparing for finals. I didn’t make it, but honestly, I wasn’t ready.
I hope you’re happy with what I came up with. I would love to know what similarities we share, so please leave a comment or send me a message on social!
Before I wrap this up, let me tell you about this look. I still love wearing black even though summer is coming. Feel the same way as I do? A t-shirt dress is the solve! It gives you a slimming effect while still being comfy and lightweight. I paired it with this to-die-for bomber jacket from the Victoria Beckham collection at Target. It is on sale right now if you are able to find it in your local store (unavailable online)! A bomber is a classic and you’re going to wear it season after season so if you get our hands on one, you won’t be sorry. I linked to several below that won’t hurt your wallet. 😉
Recreate the look // Click on photos below to Shop The Post!
Photos by Christine the Photographer