Testing, testing – is this thing on? Hey y’all!
Yes, I am still here, alive and well.
I was taking a “holiday hiatus” if you will, focused on spending time with loved ones and doing lots of self care. Despite a couple of detours, 2014 was a good year for me, and an even better one for The Lipstick Giraffe. As I put this post together, I couldn’t believe all that I accomplished, all while working full time and doing my best to be a good daughter and friend. But I did it! Here are some highlights of my 2014 as The Lipstick Giraffe:
1. I started working with Christie of Christie Spencer Photography in February. She seriously stepped up the TLG game with her sharp eye and kind spirit that shines through her photographs. She captures her subjects perfectly and it has been an honor to work with her. Check her out via website, Facebook, and Instagram.
2. Through working with Christie and various other connections in Sacramento, I caught the eye of Cast Images Talent Agency, and now I’m one of their lifestyle models. While I wish I had more free time to dedicate to this, modeling is something I’ve always wanted to do but received the wrong kind of pressure about it for so long, so I didn’t. While I could argue that my best modeling days have passed, it’s never too late to pursue your dreams!
3. After being unable to join a blogger night event at the Old Navy flagship in SF (I worked with them in 2013), I boldly asked for the Sacramento contact and pitched an idea to bring exclusive personal styling sessions to Sacramento-area stores.
4. I worked some magic and landed four television appearances as The Lipstick Giraffe – on KCRA 3, Fox40 and Good Day Sacramento. Links are available by visiting my featured page.
5. My styling chops earned me an important introduction, and I became a contracted stylist with Macy’s. TV segment or event come up? They call me for pulls. WOW.
6. Locally, I’ve attended young professional events that MetroEDGE has put on, but the day before my birthday, I had my very own booth and talked to members about how to shop smart. I was thrilled with how well it was received.
7. And the local love continued. I gained some recognition! I was nominated for the Sacramento Business Journal’s 40 under 40 and NAWBO’s “Woman On Her Way.” While I didn’t win, being nominated was such an honor and I am so grateful to have the support of my local community. They’ve embraced TLG since day 1.
8. Nationally, I was one of four bloggers ranked by Better Homes and Gardens for their “Summer Style” vote off during their Ultimate Summer Bash, and thanks to your votes, I won in my category! I’m not going to fully say it got me an invite, but…
9. I was able to attend BHG‘s Stylemaker event in New York! Only 75 bloggers were invited and it was quite the honor to hang out with some of my blog crushes, and make so many more! I learned all the tools to elevate my brand and stay relevant. Now comes the execution. 🙂
10. If you look at my first few Instagram pictures (please don’t – haha) and you look at my most recent, there is an evolution of style. I was so honored to be the guest instagrammer for Visit Sacramento during Thanksgiving/Shop Local weekend. I have so much pride for my city and nothing made me happier than showing a few of my local jaunts for gifts. It has actually inspired me to infuse more “Sacramento” in my blogging efforts. Stay tuned for that!
THANK YOU doesn’t even begin to say it, but I’ll say it again anyway – THANK YOU. I appreciate you hanging with me. 🙂 I’m really excited for this year and for all that it holds. I have a million wonderful ideas floating around in my head, and I will hone in on a few of those this year. Fingers crossed this year is as eventful as last. Cheers!