NAKANO Rice Vinegar has been a staple in my home since I was a kid. My grandma and I used to put it on our tomatoes and cucumbers and make a quick snack. If I close my eyes, I can transport myself to that time, and even remember the blue floral bowl she used to put it in.
Until recently, I didn’t know just how much I could use rice vinegar in my cooking. I had the chance to partner with NAKANO to share a delicious, nutritious, and most of all – EASY recipe that you and your family can enjoy this summer.
Thai Chicken Satay with Light Cucumber Salad
Ingredients (Chicken Satay):
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons NAKANO Organic Original Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
- 15 bamboo skewers
Ingredients (Peanut Sauce):
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons NAKANO Roasted Garlic Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
Ingredients (Cucumber Salad):
- Cucumber Salad
- 1/3 cup NAKANO Organic Roasted Garlic Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Place bamboo skewers in a dish to soak. Thinly slice chicken breast. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, peanut oil, toasted sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, ginger, coriander, turmeric and sliced chicken breast. Cover bowl and marinate for 2 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, begin to prepare the peanut sauce. In a food processor, combine scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, toasted sesame oil, roasted garlic rice vinegar, lime juice, coconut milk, hoisin sauce, honey, and process until smooth. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- To prepare the cucumber salad, combine seasoned rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and salt in a large bowl. Add cucumbers, carrots, and scallions. Cover bowl and marinate for 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- After 2 hours of marinating, skewer the chicken. Heat grill or grill plan on medium heat and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Garnish with cilantro and serve with peanut sauce and cucumber salad.
It was so fun using NAKANO to create this Chicken Satay with a Cucumber Salad.
NAKANO is an amazing ingredient that easily makes those delicious, summer foods we love a little better for us. They have simple ingredients with a big punch of flavor for your marinades and salad dressings.
We can’t get enough in our household! I can’t wait to see how you enjoy it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NAKANO.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support the blog!
This looks amazing! Will try soon.