Happy hour at home has been awesome lately, and this week I decided to make one of my favorite summer cocktails, the Paloma!
Don’t tell anyone, but I may love Palomas more than margaritas. These are so refreshing in the summertime + it’s one of my fav batch cocktails.
They’re traditionally made with tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda, like Squirt. If you’re looking to take a low cal approach, try making a Paloma with fresh grapefruit juice and seltzer! Either way, it’s so yummy.
Easy Paloma Recipe
- 2 oz. tequila (I like Reposado, it gives it a rich flavor, but Blanco is a close second. Espolon is a fav right now)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- appx. 3 oz. grapefruit soda (I used Jarritos)
- Lime wheel
- Grapefruit wedge
- Salt for rim
- Add your lime wheel to the glass and fill with ice.
- Pour in the tequila and the lime juice.
- Top with grapefruit soda.
- Add grapefruit wedge and enjoy!
Pro tip: Add a salt rim to your glass! Start by using a lime wedge around the rim of the glass to moisten it. Slowly twist your glass into your salt and gently shake excess. Let sit for one minute, then proceed with the recipe.