I’m so excited to share my love for Clean Beauty in partnership with my friends at CVS Pharmacy.
What’s Clean Beauty? Well, simply put: Clean Beauty and personal care products account for those that do not use harsh particular chemicals in their product formulations, which is super important given that your skin is your body’s largest organ and can absorb it all.
A few years ago I started paying more attention to the products that I was using for hair and body after a friend of mine shared a pretty frightening article on Facebook about standards for products in the US. I was completely unaware of how many products we use every day are not as regulated or truly as advertised. From that point on, I started adding in more moisturizers, serums, and toners into my skincare routine that were free of phthalates, parabens, formaldehyde-donors, and other harsh ingredients.
CVS’ Commitment to Ingredient Removal
The CVS team sent me some awesome products to try that all meet their ingredient removal criteria and I went into my neighborhood location to pick up a few more.
I’m currently loving:
- Beauty360 Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips – So important if you wear makeup and work out to keep your pores clear, small and fresh
- Beauty360 Grapefruit and Charcoal Holographic Sheet Mask – Perfect for purifying and brightening skin
- PIXI Skintreats Glow Tonic – With 5% Glycolic Acid for exfoliation, you can count on energizing your face
- Bliss What a Melon Jelly Hydrator – Perfect for daily use but especially luxurious after a mask
- Thayers Aloe Vera Facial Toner – To keep those pores in check, and a great follow up to the pore strips!
- Burt’s Bees Cuticle Cream – Easy to keep on your nightstand or in your purse, and a must as we welcome the colder months.
Each of these products fit into my routine seamlessly and the best part is that I am familiar with all of the ingredients listed on the back of each one – hello!
It’s impressive when a national drugstore brand makes its own standards and thinks about how they can better serve their consumers. In addition to brands that we know, love, and have yet to discover, CVS has its own house brand, and they’ve committed to removing phthalates and parabens from hundreds of store brand beauty and personal care products by 2020. Just look for CVS Health and Beauty 360 products with the green “Paraben and Phthalate Free” sticker on the package, like on the Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips.
Look for Healthy Skin Care at your Local CVS and Online!
I loved that when I walked into my local CVS that the healthy skincare aisle was clearly labeled, stocked and many of the products were on sale.
You can also find an amazing selection of products from YesTo, Simple and Garnier. If you’re a girl-on-the-go like I am, and would like the convenience of having your tried-and-true and new favorites shipped directly to your door, CVS.com has over 1,000 clean skincare products to choose from. I love the website because you can filter by product type, life stage, concern, and product benefit.
I’m so excited for you to check it out and find some products that you adore, too. If you’re a Clean Beauty fan, I’d love to hear what some of your favorite products are. Feel free to leave me a comment below sharing them. xo