There’s just no better way to enjoy summer season than with an Aperol Spritz! I enjoyed my first one when I went overseas for the first time and I fell in love. I was in the habit of only ordering them when I was out and was surprised how easy they were to make at home. I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner. It was fun to have them with friends early in the season. It’s the perfect zippy drink for conversation and charcuterie.
Want to learn how to make an Aperol Spritz? Keep scrolling. 🙂
Aperol Spritz Recipe
- Wine glass (preferably one that balloons)
- 1 bottle Aperol
- 1 bottle of Prosecco (I like Lamarca)
- 1 bottle of San Pelligrino
- Orange (thinly sliced)
- Fill a wine glass with ice
- Add Prosecco followed by Aperol in equal parts. I suggest starting with two ounces of each to start. That way, you can adjust as necessary to make the perfect-to-you spritz!
- Finish with a dash of soda water and add an orange slice for garnish.
That’s it! No extra measuring, no shaker, and no-time-at-all. If you find yourself wanting to make a singular spritz, I like to keep mini bottles of brut and prosecco for the times I need just a little bit of champagne (they are few and far between, but happen)
Raise Your Glass!
We’ve got six more weeks of summer and here in Sacramento, the warmer temps will be here to stay. This is the perfect cocktail to toast to the weekend or serve to your guests. Have fun and please drink responsibly. Cheers!
Photos by Christina Best Photography